Friday, March 20, 2015

And the survey says...

Hi folks, Jon Wennstrom here! As part of the new teacher evaluation process, all students are surveyed each year to get feedback on how they feel in their classroom and their relationships with their teachers.  I'm proud to say that the surveys indicate that our students are extremely satisfied with their teachers and are happy at school.  We also conduct school climate surveys every other year to determine if students are feeling safe at school, on the bus, and at recess.  Again, out results have been very positive!  Our student surveys are just another way that we give students a voice and allow for them to be a part of our ongoing improvement process.  The students have spoken and they are happy!

photo credit: www.survey-results.net

CONGRATULATIONS!!
PTA President, Rebecca Woloszyn and "Golden Apple" recipient, Mrs. Broccardo being recognized at the LPS board of education meeting!

MARCH IS READING MONTH
A big Thank You to Mrs. Oquist, Director of Elementary Education, for being our guest reader at Rosedale this week!


UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROSEDALE

Tuesday, March 24: Spring Pictures
Wednesday, March 25: Magic of Books Assembly
Thursday, March 26: Student of the Month Assembly (Think Win-Win)
                                   Skate Night at Riverside Arena 6:00-8:00 pm
Friday, March 27: No School for Students (Teacher Work Day)

Wednesday, April 1: Camp Out and Read Day (Reading Tents in the Gym!)
                                  PTA Meeting 6:30 pm in the Library (Pizza and Child Care Provided)
Thursday, April 2: Reading Awards Assembly
Friday, April 3: No School (Spring Break Begins)

Monday, April 13: School Resumes

MEET THE ROSEDALE KITCHEN STAFF
Ms. Lisa Brooks - Breakfast Cook

I have worked for LPS for one year as a breakfast cook, but have lived in Livonia all my life. I went to Churchill High School and my parents were both educators in Wayne-Westland school district. 

My favorite thing about Rosedale are the kids and the staff.  Everyone is very helpful and very kind to work for and I like working with Mr. Wennstrom.  

I like to travel, I love dogs, and I love to bake when I have have free time. 

Mrs. Tammy Jed - Lead Lunch Cook

I have worked in the LPS food service for over 10 years. I received my Serve Safe certificate and settled down in Rosedale four years as the kitchen manager. I live in Livonia with my husband Keith and we have five daughters who all graduated from Stevenson High School. We have a cute lab/chow mix named Chuckie who loves to chase the deer and roam our property by the creek.

My favorite thing about Rosedale is the caring staff and children who love to help each other and also me in the lunch room. The safeties and volunteers are so good with the younger children and it shows with the hugs they receive from them. They are reliable and eager to help me with setting up and taking down daily.

My favorite pastimes have recently changed with my daughters graduating. I am not longer a soccer/track mom. Now the days are more relaxing with time spent with family, traveling, movies, and nights by the fire pit. But not for long, as my two grandsons have started kindergarten and will soon have scouts, sports, and cheer! 

Mrs. Mary Pyzik - Lunch Cook

This is my fourth year working in Food Service at Rosedale. Initially, I worked for a short time at Johnson and Churchill. I have been married to my husband Mike for 26 years. We are blessed with three wonderful children - Steven who recently graduated from MSU and lives in Boston, Nick who is attending Western Michigan University and Julia who is in 5th grade. We have a schnauzer named Casey and a goldfish that my daughter named Kevin. 

My favorite things about Rosedale are seeing the students' smiling faces as they select a favorite lunch item, the caring and nurturing school environment, and our dedicated staff and involved parents. 

In my spare time, I enjoy gardening, cooking, exercising, taking trips, and attending my children's activities.  Their activities include volleyball, rowing, track, and Girl Scouts. Music can always be heard in our home with family members playing the piano, flute, guitar, and drums! My husband and I love watching old movies and TV shows with my daughter. 


Did you know that Rosedale Elementary offers a daily choice for students of two healthy entrees?  There is also a full salad bar with lots of healthy options.  We are working to provide healthy and tasty food for all students.  We also provide a breakfast program for students before school each day. Great things are happening at Rosedale!