Friday, April 24, 2015

Making a Difference

Hi folks, Jon Wennstrom here! This week we recognized students who participated in Youth Making a Difference or YMAD.  This program, coordinated at our building by Tara Consolino, does a great job of getting students involved in service projects.  We had building wide projects, grade level projects, classroom projects, and even individual projects.  When we teach students at a young age that they CAN make a difference, then we are preparing a new generation of citizens who are involved, informed, and most importantly who take action to make the world a better place!



Speaking of service projects, our students participated in a playground clean up for Earth Day! 



If you see Mrs. Hill, be sure to thank her for all she does for our school and students.  Happy Secretaries Day Mrs. Hill! 




2nd Grade had a "Wild" success with their annual Talking Zoo program.  Great job kids!



UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROSEDALE

Thursday, April 30: Student of the Month Assembly (Seek First to Understand)
Friday, May 1: 4th Grade "Wax Museum" in the afternoon

Tuesday, May 5: No Students (Election Day and Teacher Training)
Wednesday, May 6: Arts, Beats, and Eats (Ice Cream Social) 6:00-8:00 pm (see flyer)
Thursday, May 7: PTA Meeting (Officer Elections) 6:30 pm
Friday, May 8: Skate Night at Riverside Arena 6:00-8:00 pm

Thursday, May 14: Kindergarten Round Up 9:00-12:00

Thursday, May 21: Volunteer Tea 2:30-3:30 pm

Monday, May 25: No School for Memorial Day
Friday, May 29: Spring Fling/Technology Basket Raffle 6:00-8:00 pm


MEET THE ROSEDALE PTA
Rebecca Woloszyn - PTA President

I was born in Pusan, South Korea; adopted and spent my childhood in Warren and Lansing, MI. I received my Bachelors of Science Degree in Psychology from Michigan State University and was fortunate to do a work/study program through Lansing Community College in Otsu, Japan for a year as a student and then another year as a Student Supervisor. Go Green! I am a single mother of 1 child, Azaria who is currently a 3rd grader at Rosedale. I work as an IT Lead Recruiter full time from home and have been in recruiting for the past 12 years. I absolutely love being able to find people jobs and I get to talk to a variety of people every day! My daughter and I have been a part of the Rosedale family for the past 4 years. This is my second year on Rosedale's Executive Board for the PTA; last year I was the 2nd Vice President and this year I currently serve as President.

My favorite thing about Rosedale has to be all the different people that I have been able to meet while being here. I love that we are such a diverse school and there's such great kids here at the school! I get a kick out of being able to volunteer and meeting so many of the students.

When I am not at Rosedale or doing things for the PTA,  I love being able to spend time with my daughter Azaria. We're two pretty adventurous people so we've been able to travel a bit and try some new things. I also love taking my spinning (cycling) class 3 times a week up at the Livonia Rec Center. There's a good group of folks in each one of my classes and a great way to relieve stress!

Rhonda Simko - PTA 1st Vice President

Hi, my name is Rhonda Simko. I have a business degree and culinary degree. I'm vice president of the P.T.A. I also work as lunch mom for the kindergarten through grade two.I have  two adopted children .  The first son, Tommy is now in 5 th grade at Johnson. My second son, James is in Mrs. Merchants 1 st class. 

I love spending my days at Rosedale helping out teachers and decorating the halls of the school. I had a wonderful chance to come to Rosedale with a special needs child. Mr. Wennstrom took my son in and he excelled into a very smart child. I'm very grateful to know Mr.Wennstrom in my lifetime. 

Some of my hobbies are scrapbooking, gardening, and cleaning.  I'm grateful to work with the students and staff at Rosedale and I know they will be very successful adults someday.



Did you know that our YMAD programs raised money for cancer research, collected canned food for Goodfellows, and provided care bags and letters for veterans?  Our projects ranged from local to global and provided real benefits to the Livonia community and beyond.  We should be proud of our students.  Great things are happening at Rosedale!