Friday, May 8, 2015

A Chance to Shine!

Hi folks, Jon Wennstrom here! This week we celebrated our "Arts, Beats, Eats, & Books" at Rosedale.  Our traditional Ice Cream Social has grown into an Art and Music showcase and first rate book fair.  One of the things I love about this event is that it gives students a chance to shine in a variety of areas.  We certainly have a strong academic program here, but it's nice to show the talents of our students with our art and music programs as well.  Hearing the students sing and looking at their fabulous art projects really makes me proud and I'm sure all the parents and staff feel the same! And to top it all off, students get to enjoy some ice cream and a have a chance to buy an interesting book at our book fair.  Events like this take a lot of work and preparation, but the smiles on the faces of the students makes it all worth while!

 ARTS, BEATS, EATS & BOOKS!


Thank you Rosedale Teachers for ALL you do!
This week was Teacher Appreciation Week, but I want our Rosedale staff to know they are appreciated EVERY DAY!!  They are making the world a better place one student at a time. 


UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROSEDALE

Thursday, May 14: Kindergarten Round Up 9:00-12:00

Thursday, May 21: Volunteer Tea 2:30-3:30 pm

Monday, May 25: No School for Memorial Day
Thursday, May 28: Student of the Month Assembly - Habit 6: Synergize
Friday, May 29: Spring Fling/Technology Basket Raffle 6:00-8:00 pm

Monday, June 8: Field Day
Thursday, June 11: Last Day for Students 12:10 Dismissal

MEET THE ROSEDALE PTA


Brittany Niculas - Recording Secretary

Hi, my name is Brittany and I am part of the Rosedale PTA! My family and I have been a part of the Rosedale family for three years now. I have two students here, one in kindergarten and one in third grade. They both love the school and we can't wait to continue their journey here in future years! 

I absolutely love the diversity we have here at Rosedale! 


I enjoy spending time with my boys & watching them play sports. (Keeps me busy!) I am also a full time nursing student :) 

Nicole Sturgeon - Membership Chair

We moved to Livonia in March of 2012, which makes this our 4th school year as a Rosedale family. Elizabeth is in Mrs. Boggs's third grade class and Jakob is in Mrs. Merchant's first grade class.

You just can't beat the people at Rosedale!!! The entire community is kind and caring.

Outside of school (as a teacher, that isn't very often)..... When I'm not taking the kids to hockey or their other activities? So this is really asking what would I do if I had nothing but time on my hands? I would spend my time doing crafty stuff, riding my road bike, and traveling to new places.


Did you know our kindergarten round up is this week?  Every year, we provide an opportunity for incoming students to visit the classroom and participate in fun activities, while parents get an overview and orientation.  It's a fun and exciting time for parents and students!  If you know someone who is considering registering their child for kindergarten, but hasn't enrolled yet, please let them know to call our office for round up.  Great things are happening at Rosedale!