Friday, May 15, 2015

Round Up!

Hi folks, Jon Wennstrom here! This week we had our annual kindergarten "Round Up".  It's such a treat to see the new students come into their new school and prepare for a whole new adventure.  Their eyes are wide with wonder and the teachers and staff are just as excited as they are!  I love talking with parents and answering their questions and letting them know that I remember all those same feelings as a parent when my daughters started school.  It's a time of new beginnings amidst the winding down of the current year.  It reminds us that the school year is not really ending, but just beginning for a whole new group of learners!


photo credit: gallantfish.com

 3rd Grade Field trip to Ann Arbor Botanical Gardens! 

UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROSEDALE

Thursday, May 21: Volunteer Tea at 2:30 pm

Monday, May 25: No School for Memorial Day
Thursday, May 28: Student of the Month Assembly (Synergize)
Friday, May 29: Spring Fling/Technology Basket Raffle 6:00-8:00 pm

Monday, June 8: Field Day
Thursday, June 11: Last Day for Students 12:10 Dismissal 

MEET THE ROSEDALE PTA
Kelly Walder - Corresponding Secretary
I am Kelly Walder and my hubby Tom and I have 2 sons, Adam is a 4th grader at Rosedale and Matthew in a 6th grader at Webster. I'm in my 25th year working as a sales rep for American Label in Canton, which is a flexible job that thankfully allows me to help when I can at Rosedale. I'm also involved in scouting, which is another great program for kids. This is my 7th and final year as a Rosedale parent, and I have been a PTA board member for 6 of these great years. I sure will miss Rosedale and all of the friends I've made along the way!
I love all the things that Rosedale does to help each student succeed and enjoy themselves while doing so. There's so many opportunities and activities going on at our school, and it's all done by caring staff and parents. It's overwhelming at first as to how all of this is managed, though Mr Wennstrom and his staff sure do a great job at making it all go smoothly. My personal favorite thing about Rosedale is the diversity of the student body and my sons have been lucky to have been exposed to all of the cultures and traditions.
In my free time I like pina colada's, getting caught in the rain... kidding! I enjoy turning off the busyness of the day by turning off the electronics and playing board games or heading out into nature in some way with family and friends. When I don't have time for that, I'm always up for a good Wes Anderson movie or a good book.

Sue Mullins - Treasurer 
For those that do not know me my name is Sue Mullen, I am the treasurer of the Rosedale PTA. My son Nicholas is currently in the 3rd grade and his teacher is Mrs. Boggs.  We were new to Rosedale when Nicholas started kindergarten, besides Nicholas I’m the mother of 4 college students, and have been married to my husband Dave for 25 years.

My favorite thing about Rosedale is the dedicated and caring staff. They help provide such a positive experience for the students, and it’s also been so much fun to meet all the wonderful parents along the way.  

In my spare time I work full time as a Registered Nurse at Karmanos Cancer Institute. When I’m not working my husband Dave and I are our children’s #1 fan’s attending gallery displays, collegiate track meets, and Westland Rocket soccer games. 


Did you know that Livonia Public Schools has the largest PTA in the state of Michigan?  It truly is a point of pride to have such a well recognized and well respected organization here in our school!  Our PTA organizes events, raises funds for classroom projects, and supports teachers through a variety of ways.  If you are not a part of the PTA yet, I hope you will consider joining in the fall. Great things are happening at Rosedale!