Friday, May 29, 2015

Spring Fling

Hi folks, Jon Wennstrom here! When I first came to Rosedale, I remember the PTA president coming to me with an idea for something new...a Spring Fling!  It's hard to believe that this is my fourth Spring Fling at Rosedale and they just keep getting better and better.  Last year we added our technology basket raffle to the event and this year we added an outdoor concert.  What a great opportunity for our Rosedale families to gather, celebrate, and enjoy some time together at our wonderful school.  I'd like to thank our current PTA board and volunteers for organizing the event and our past boards and volunteers for their vision.  School success is built on relationships and events like this help build those home-school relationships!

SPRING FLING FUN!!
 Mr. Murphy led a great music performance!
Pony rides are always fun!



Congratulations to our Students of the Month!
  Habit 6: Synergize!

UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROSEDALE

Monday, June 8: Field Day! 
Wednesday, June 10: 4th Grade Picnic 
Thursday, June 11: Last Day for Students 12:10 Dismissal

Report Cards will be mailed home on June 17  

MEET THE ROSEDALE STAFF

Lisa Ferguson - Lunch/Recess Monitor
Hello -   My name is Lisa Ferguson and I am one of the moms who supervise lunch and recess at Rosedale.  I grew up in Howell Michigan and have an Bachelors of Arts degree from Michigan State University.  I am happily married to my husband Jason and we three wonderful children, Zack who is 12, Isabella who is 10, and Abigail who is 8 and is our last student at Rosedale.  We also have a French bulldog named Walt who has a significant hearing loss and knows sign language. 

Outside of Rosedale, I love to create. I am an avid Embroiderer, needle felter, crocheter, knitter and all around try anything once kind of artist. I also enjoy writing a daily blog that features the antics of our families lives. 

What I love about Rosedale?  I love being a part of the students day. Getting to know each and every student by name and personality is such a reward to me.  Rosedale is more than just a school, it truly is a family. 

Julie Rainey - Lunch/Recess Monitor
My name is Julie Rainey, and I am a noon monitor at Rosedale.  I began working as a noon monitor last year, but my family has been with Rosedale since my oldest started Kindergarten here 6 years ago.  My oldest daughter, Ashlyn, is now in fifth grade at Johnson, and my youngest daughter, Ryan, is a fourth grader still at Rosedale.  I have loved my time at Rosedale and would love to stay on as a noon monitor even as my youngest graduates from here this year, however, my husband Chris, and I will be moving our family to Germany this summer.  We are all very excited to start our new adventure and also sad to be leaving.
My favorite thing about Rosedale is the people – hands down!!  Love the staff, love the students, love the PTA and all the relationships (friendships) I have formed over the past several years!
When I’m not at the school I love to hang with my family and friends,  spend time at the pool or softball field (again with family and friends), and read a good book once in a while.   


Did you know that Rosedale received over $1200 of books through the Livonia Rotary Club?  In addition to providing readers for our Early Literacy Volunteer (ELVs) program, the Rotary club also generously provides money for our building to purchase books for each grade level.  Partnerships like this really help our Rosedale students.  Great things are happening at Rosedale!