Friday, June 5, 2015

Sharpen the Saw

Hi folks, Jon Wennstrom here! This month we are wrapping up our 7 Habits at school and we are learning how to "Sharpen the Saw".  This is a great habit to practice during the summer months.  Students have been reminded that sharpening the saw is much more than just getting rest and relaxation.  It's about improving ourselves by eating healthy, being well rested, exercising our body and our brain.  It's about reading good books and spending time with loved ones.  This summer, be sure to "Sharpen your saw" by taking care of yourself and doing things to improve both physically and emotionally.  Make sharpening the saw a family activity!



UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROSEDALE

Monday, June 8: Field Day! 

Wednesday, June 10: 4th Grade Picnic

Thursday, June 11: Last Day for Students 12:10 Dismissal 

Wednesday, June 17: Report Cards mailed home

MEET THE ROSEDALE STAFF


Jennifer Libtow - Lunch/Recess Supervisor


Hello, I am Mrs. Libtow and the kids call me Mrs. Jennifer.  I am a lunch helper and am married to Mr. Joe. We have a daughter named Madeline and she is 12 years old. I also work for Livonia Public Schools as a custodian at Cass and Buchanan Elementary buildings. 

My favorite thing about Rosedale is seeing the kids everyday and helping them. The staff is very nice and I get to work with my husband too!

When I am not working I like to cook, bake, and spend time with my family and play games. 

Theresa Garangher - Lunch/Recess Supervisor

My name is Theresa Gehringer.  I am a former noon monitor.  I started volunteering at Rosedale 8 years ago when my daughter attended here.  Since then I have been working with Mrs. Merchant in the classroom giving her support. 

I am an Assistant General Manager at Bob Evans on ford road in Canton.  I have worked in restaurant management for 30 years.  I am a recent breast cancer survivor.

On my off time I enjoy spending time with my daughter, Valarie.  I also enjoy going to movies.


Did you know that all Rosedale teachers participate in curriculum committees in addition to their classroom duties?  Each teacher serves one or more of the following committees: Math, Literacy, and School Improvement.  Many teachers also serve on district committees like Science, Social Studies, and Teacher Leader Committees.  Our teachers really go above and beyond.  Great things are happening at Rosedale!