Thursday, September 24, 2015

A Good Walk

Hi folks, Jon Wennstrom here! Each night, I try to take a walk around the neighborhood to get a little exercise and also to reflect on the day.  Sometimes when things get stressful, it's nice to just take a good walk to clear the head.  Next Friday is a chance for ALL of our Rosedale students to take a good walk as they participate in our Rockin' USA Walk-a-thon.  This walk will have far more benefits than a little exercise.  It's a chance to raise money for our school, build fellowship, and a way for everyone to do their part to make Rosedale a better place!  The money raised will help with field trip transportation, assemblies, school-wide initiatives and just about every fun activity we do with students!  It's a fun and easy way to participate and support our PTA and our students.  Please remember to send your pledge and money by Friday, October 2 and thank you for your continued support!


UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROSEDALE

Thursday, October 1: PTA Meeting 6:30 pm
Friday, October 2: Rosedale Rockin' USA Walk-a-thon in the afternoon (all sponsorships must be turned in by Friday to be eligible for prizes)

Monday, October 5: Student of the Month Assembly (Respect)

Monday, October 12: Lifetouch Picture Day in the morning
Tuesday, October 13: No School for Students (Teacher Professional Development sessions)


MEET THE ROSEDALE STAFF

Mrs. Boggs - Third Grade Teacher

My name is Susan Boggs and I have been teaching at Rosedale/Johnson School since 1988.  I have taught 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade.  I received my bachelor's and master's degree from Eastern Michigan University. I have one daughter, Emilie and one 5 year old granddaughter Rylie.  I enjoy spending time with my family taking walks, nature, traveling and going to festivals.  This summer I met my 2 sisters in California for a "sistercation".  We went to Disneyland, Sea World, took a bus tour to Mexico and pampered ourselves at a spa.

One of my goals I have this year is to use the interactive white board in the classroom and to have the children explore more with the iPads we acquired last year.

I  hope that my class would describe my classroom as fun, safe, informative, exciting and motivating!

RESPECT VIDEO (3 MINUTES)
As we focus on the theme of Respect, this is a great video that shows what happens when we treat others the way we want to be treated. 


Did you know that the Livonia Kiwanis Club donates dictionaries each year for our third grade students?  They recently brought to our school one dictionary for each child to keep and take home.  It certainly is a kind gesture and our students love having a dictionary of their own. We would like to give a big THANK YOU to the Kiwanis Club. Great things are happening at Rosedale!