Friday, October 9, 2015

Say Cheese!

Hi folks, Jon Wennstrom here! It's that time of year again...Picture time!  On Monday, our Rosedale students will get dressed up, fix their hair, and show off those fabulous smiles. Picture day is a special occasion at the school, because it captures a moment in time that parents can treasure for years to come. As a parent, I love to look back on my daughters' pictures and see how they have grown and matured through the years. It's also fun to see the memories that are captured in the yearbook as well. The older I get, the quicker the school years seem to go by. Picture day is a chance to freeze that moment in time and capture a memory of each school year. I hope your child has a fun picture day and that every day is a chance to make happy memories at school!

Congratulations for our Students of the Month for the theme of RESPECT!

UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROSEDALE

Monday, October 12: Picture Day in the morning
Tuesday, October 13: No School for Students (Professional Development for Teachers)

Friday, October 30: PTA Trunk or Treat Event 6:00-8:00 pm. If you are interested in volunteering or decorating your car, please contact Lynn Renberg at Lrenberg66@gmail.com 

Tuesday, November 3: No School (Election Day)
Thursday, November 5: PTA Meeting 6:30 pm in Library

MEET THE ROSEDALE STAFF

Ms. Robertson - First Grade Teacher
My name is Rachel Robertson and this is my second year teaching at Rosedale. Last year I was a kindergarten teacher at Rosedale and I am lucky enough to have moved up to be a First Grade teacher now!  I started teaching almost 20 years ago where I taught in Dearborn Heights. I have also worked as a Title I reading Interventionist in Livonia. I absolutely love teaching younger students and watching them grow! I have an Early Childhood degree and Master's Degree in education from U of M- Dearborn. It is a joy to be in the classroom and I think I learn as much from my kiddos as they learn from me!

I live in Livonia with my 2 children and our dog Coda Bear. Jake is a 9th grader and Grace is a 5th grader. Both of my children attended Rosedale so I have been a part of the Rosedale family for many years! We love to travel around Michigan and visit family all over the United States. We are a sports-loving family so we spend much of our time watching and playing football, baseball, soccer, and volleyball. In our free time we love bike riding, bonfires and family time. I am a very lucky Mom!

This year, each of our staff came up with "Five Words" to describe goals in our classrooms. I will spend my year working toward having a silly, fun, cool, safe and awesome classroom! I think we are doing a great job so far :-)


PTA POINTS
Congratulations to our students with the highest Walk-a-thon pledge amounts!
  • 1st Place with 40 pledges - Dylan W.
  • 2nd Place - Jacob S.
  • 3rd Place - Elizabeth S.
  • 4th Place - Nicholas M.
  • Winner of the K-2 Pizza Party - Mrs. Benson's Class
  • Winner of the 3rd & 4th Pizza Party - Mrs. Casucci's Class

Did you know that Lifetouch Picture company gives a lot back to our school?  In addition to providing quality photographs pictures and yearbooks for our students, they give our school a full range of complimentary items. They provide the birthday cards that are given out daily, the student of the month certificates, our visitor badges and stickers, and even posters for our hallways to help us display our 7 Habits! It sure is a great partnership and helps our Rosedale students. Great things are happening at Rosedale!