Friday, October 30, 2015

Traditions

Hi folks, Jon Wennstrom here! This week, we celebrated one of our school traditions of Trunk or Treat.  It's a fun event that brings in the whole family and helps us make some home-school connections.  It also reminds me of the many other traditions that families may have at this time of the year.  Traditions may include going to the cider mill, doing a hay ride, carving pumpkins, or visiting a corn maze.  The great thing about traditions is that it builds continuity and structure for our students.  More importantly, traditions often create fond memories that can last a lifetime.  I hope you and your family had a chance to join us for our Trunk or Treat event and also enjoy some traditions of your own.
A frightfully good time at Trunk or Treat! 

UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROSEDALE

Monday, November 2: Student of the Month Assembly (Responsibility)
Tuesday, November 3: No School for Students (PTA Election Day Bake Sale)
Thursday, November 5: Title I Parent Information Meeting 6:00 pm
                                       PTA Meeting 6:30 pm
Friday, November 6: Bring in $2 or 2 Canned Food Items and you may bring in a stuffed animal to school!

Monday, November 9: Report Cards go home
Wednesday, November 11: Parent-Teacher Conferences in the evening
Thursday, November 12: No School for Students / Parent-Teacher Conferences day & evening
                                         Skate Night at Riverside Arena 6:00-8:00 pm
Friday, November 13: No School

MEET THE ROSEDALE STAFF

Alena Zabawski - Title I Paraprofessional 

Hello! My name is Alena Zabawski!  I graduated from the University of Michigan-Dearborn with the certification to be elementary teacher in 2014.  I am excited to be at Rosedale for my second year in Livonia Public Schools!  I am a Title 1 Parpro, where I provide extra reading support to first, second, and third graders.  In addition, I help conduct the math club in the morning for third and fourth graders.  Outside of school, I enjoy camping and spending time with my boyfriend, who is also a teacher in Livonia Public Schools.  I also enjoy being involved with my Polish heritage by creating Polish crafts, like a szopka, and being a Polish folk dancer.

The goal for this year is to make my time with the students to be interacting and engaging.  I want these students to feel confident by practicing their decoding strategies while reading or talking about word study.  I am using the ipad during word study and having students leave with an “exit” word.

The five words to describe my classroom are: safe, encouraging, triumphant, supportive, and enjoyable!


PTA POINTS
  • A big THANK YOU to all the parents and teachers who volunteered to make our Trunk or Treat event such a huge success!!
  • Way to go Rosedale families. We made $361.70 on Box Tops ... that's over 3,500 box tops collected! Also please keep collecting, the next deadline will be in the spring.
  • Interested in joining our group?  Contact our membership chair, Cara Williams at cara_23_@hotmail.com

Did you know Livonia Public Schools has a common climate goal for all schools? Our goal is that "All students will experience a positive, safe, and welcoming environment, where both students and adults respect and value one another." That's a pretty awesome goal to have both in school and out of school.  Our staff along with many other schools are in the process of implementing this goal and making it a reality every day for our students. Great things are happening at Rosedale!