Friday, November 6, 2015

Elections

Hi folks, Jon Wennstrom here! This week we had our local election day and it got me thinking about what a great system of government we have. How fortunate we are to have a system that allows all adult citizens a chance to have a voice in our local, state, and national government. However, the key is exercising that right to vote and making the effort to have our voices heard. I was happy to see so many people in the school throughout the day, exercising their right to vote and shape our future. It's a great example to set for our children to show that we are involved, informed, and most importantly take action by casting our votes. It won't be too long before they will be following our example and voting themselves and shaping their future!

RESPONSIBILITY 
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR STUDENTS OF THE MONTH

UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROSEDALE

Tuesday, November 10: Report Cards sent home
                                      SCRIP orders due (next due date Dec. 9)
Wednesday, November 11: P/T Conferences in the evening
Thursday, November 12: No school for students - P/T Conferences day and evening
                                         Skate Night at Riverside Arena 6:00-8:00 pm
Friday, November 13: No School

Friday, November 20: Goodfellow's Canned Food Drive! Students who bring in $2 or 2 canned food items will receive a bag of popcorn.

Monday, November 23: Picture retakes in the afternoon.
Wednesday, November 25: Thanksgiving Break begins

Monday, November 30: School resumes

MEET THE ROSEDALE STAFF
Meghan Hernandez - Title I Paraprofessional
Hello Rosedale Community! My name is Meghan Hernandez and I'm so excited to be back at Rosedale for a second year as a Title 1 Reading Interventionist and also to be running Rosedale's Math Club again. I grew up in Livonia and attended Livonia Schools, so I really love and care about the community. I graduated from Eastern Michigan University with a Bachelors of Science Degree in Elementary Education. In my spare time, I love spending time with my husband Jeff and our sweet pup Moslee, who we absolutely adore. I also enjoy decorating our home, cooking and gardening.

My goal for this year is to enhance and build upon my lessons through technology by incorporating apps on my IPad that help students build their decoding skills. As an extra and fun challenge before students leave my room I have been giving them a challenging "Exit" word, that they need to use their decoding skills to figure out. They have been loving this!

The five words I choose to describe my classroom are: safe, fun, encouraging, supportive and triumphant!

PTA POINTS
  • We made over $250 on our Election Day bake sale :)
  • Have you signed up for conferences?! Make sure you do so you don't miss out on our newest PTA membership campaign called FALL in love with PTA!
  • Watch for Rosedale Elementary Spirit Wear sales during PTA conferences and order forms coming home soon. This year will feature Rosedale's 3 to BE pledge!

Did you know that using the blog format for updates allows me to track how many people read the posts and what type of device they use to read it?  The average weekly posts gets over 350 views and those views are broken down by 68% phones, 6% iPads, 23% desktop computer, and the rest on various mobile devices. It's amazing how technology allows us to communicate more effectively and efficiently.  Great things are happening at Rosedale!