Friday, November 20, 2015

Giving Thanks!

Hi folks, Jon Wennstrom here! This week, families across the country will be giving thanks for all the blessings in their lives. I'd like to take this opportunity to give thanks for the incredible staff at Rosedale. It's such a pleasure to work in an environment where everyone is unified for a common goal...helping each child succeed! It's a place where ideas are shared, risks are taken to try new things, and people strive to make learning fun. At Rosedale, we work toward making students feel safe, valued, and excited about learning. And along the way, it becomes a fun place for adults too! This year, I'm thankful for many things, but the wonderful staff at Rosedale is right at the top of my list! Great things are happening at Rosedale!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROSEDALE

Monday, November 23: Lifetouch Picture Retakes in the afternoon
Wednesday, November 25: No School
Thursday, November 26: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Friday, November 27: No School

Monday, November 30: Student of the Month Assembly (Safety)

Wednesday, December 16: Santa Secret Shop 
Thursday, December 17: Santa Secret Shop
Friday, December 18: PTA Skate Night at Riverside Arena 6:00-8:00 pm

Monday, December 21: Winter Break begins
Monday, January 4: School Resumes

MEET THE ROSEDALE STAFF
Erin Krause - School Psychologist

Hello! My name is Erin Krause. I am thrilled to be a new member of the Rosedale Team, as the School Psychologist!  Not only am I new to Rosedale, but this is also my first year with Livonia Public Schools.  I also service Churchill High School and the Jackson Center Early Childhood Program.  Before joining LPS, I served as a school psychologist with the Detroit Public Schools for fifteen years.  I graduated from Michigan State University with a degree in Psychology (Go Green!), and I have a Master’s degree in School and Community Psychology from Wayne State University. I live in Royal Oak with my husband, our four-year old daughter, Makayla, and our five-year old “puppy,” Stoli.  I love spending as much time as possible with my family, going to the park, taking walks, and playing games.  I also enjoy cooking, reading, traveling, and cheering on my Spartans! 

One of my goals for the school year is to get to know each teacher on staff at Rosedale, so that I can become more familiar with their classes, routines, and teaching styles.  I hope to be a valuable resource for our teachers this year and the years to come!  I am assigned to Rosedale one day per week, so I share a room with our Title One paraprofessionals.  With their help, our room has become welcoming, friendly, caring, colorful, and inspiring!


PTA POINTS
  • Keep collecting those Box Tops and Campbell's Soup Labels!
  • We popped 186 bags of popcorn for students who brought in cans for Goodfellows!

Did you know the Oxford Dictionary has just declared the "word of the year" for 2015?  For the first time in history, it's not a word at all, but an emoji.  The winner is the "laugh till you cry" emoji.
While I don't expect this will become a part of our language arts curriculum, I thought it was a fun fact to share:)  Great things are happening at Rosedale!