Sunday, November 29, 2015

Winter Wonderland

Hi folks, Jon Wennstrom here! Like many of you, I grow weary of the snow at the end of winter. But from the first snowfall through Christmas, it really is beautiful to see. One of the great things about living in Michigan is the chance to experience all four seasons in their glory. Please remember that as long as the temperature permits, we go outside everyday for recess. Students need to be dressed appropriately with boots, hats, gloves and coats. We want to make sure our students can enjoy their time outside even during the winter months. Thanks for all your help!

First snowfall of the season

UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROSEDALE

Monday, November 30: Student of the Month Assembly (Safety)

Please remember there will not be a December PTA meeting

Wednesday, December 16 & Thursday, December 17: Santa Secret Shop
Friday, December 18: Last Day of School before break
                                    Skate Night at Riverside Arena 6:00-8:00 pm

Monday, January 4: School Resumes

MEET THE ROSEDALE STAFF
Sandy Jouppi - Speech Therapist
My name is Sandy Jouppi and I am the speech therapist at Rosedale.  I have worked at Rosedale for a long time and every year I beg the speech department heads to NOT switch me to another school.  Many speech therapists have their assignments changed each year and I feel so fortunate that they have always granted my request and I get to stay at my favorite school.


I am married with two children and live in Canton.  My daughter is 11 years old and in 6th grade.  My son is in 9th grade and  plays football for the Canton Chiefs.  I love watching Luke and Shelby play the sports that they love because I know it goes by so quickly and then they are grown up.  I have also started playing soccer myself and while it certainly doesn't look pretty, it is a lot of fun. We also like to travel as a family and have visited many states in our travel trailer.  Camping and hiking is our favorite thing to do. I also love dogs and volunteer for Waggin Tails.  If you are ever looking for a dog, let me know and I will find you one...or two:)


PTA POINTS
  • Please see the attached flyer for the Five Below Fundraiser
  • Please keep collecting box tops and Campbell's soup labels for spring collection

Did you know there is a difference between a snowstorm and a blizzard? A blizzard occurs when you can’t see for 1/4 mile, the winds are always 35 miles an hour or more, and the storm must last at least 3 hours to be classed as a blizzard. If any of these conditions are less, it is only a snowstorm. Let's hope we don't see any blizzards this season! Great things are happening at Rosedale!