Thursday, November 12, 2015

Youth CAN Make a Difference!

Hi folks, Jon Wennstrom here! For the past couple of years, our students have been taking on various service projects to help others. These projects help both our students and our community. From penny drives for cancer research, to Jump Rope for Heart, to helping veterans, our students have learned that even the youngest members of the community can make a difference.  Our most recent service projects at Rosedale have been the Goodfellow's canned food drive and the Blessings in a Backpack program. Both help our students and lend a helping hand to others. As a Rotarian involved in local and global service projects and as a principal, I am so proud of our students and staff for their dedicated efforts to help others. We are showing one service project at a time that Youth CAN Make a Difference!
 Blessings in a Backpack helpers!
Stuffed Animals for Goodfellow's Canned Food Drive!

UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROSEDALE

Friday, November 20: Goodfellow's Canned Food Drive $2 or 2 canned food items = Bag of Popcorn

Monday, November 23: Picture Retakes in the afternoon
Wednesday, November 25: No School 
Thursday, November 26: Happy Thanksgiving! No School
Friday, November 27: No School 

Monday, November 30: School resumes 

MEET THE ROSEDALE STAFF
Sarah Plum - PE Teacher

My name is Sarah Plum.  I am excited to be returning to Rosedale! This is my 17th year teaching in the district. I have taught PE and Health at every level, but the K-4 lower elementary school age group is my favorite. I graduated from The University of Michigan with degrees in Physical Education and Sports Management. I have a Master’s degree in Health Education from Wayne State University. I live in Ann Arbor with my two children, Emily and Jenson. We love to be active together playing outside, riding bikes, taking walks, going swimming, playing soccer. We also love to cook, play board games, and travel.


One of my goals for the school year is to share the fun work my students are doing in PE through my website and Twitter. I am @PEwithMsPlum. You can also find the link on my website under Social Media. I also strive to make my classroom  fun, energetic, adventurous, caring and healthy so that students develop a passion for being active and healthy and make it a daily habit in their lives now and in the future.


PTA POINTS
  • "Fall" in love with your PTA! All new members get local discounts & your child's name will be displayed on a leaf for everyone to admire!
  • Rosedale Spirit wear is available!  Make sure you get your order in!
  • Santa Shop will be going on December 16 & 17 for students to shop!

Did you know that our school provides many opportunities for students to participate in service learning projects?  All of the service projects listed above, plus many more classroom activities with our Youth Making a Difference program, help teach our students that all of us can make a difference in the world. Great things are happening at Rosedale!