Friday, January 8, 2016

Keeping it positive!

Hi folks, Jon Wennstrom here! One of my goals for 2016 is to share positive messages as often as I can. One way that I plan on doing that is by making a positive phone call every day.  I've asked the teachers to help me by sending me names of students when they do something positive, make improvements, or give extra effort. So, if you get a phone call from the office, don't panic! It just might be one of my positive phone calls:) How are you keeping things positive in your life?

Congratulations to our Students of the Month! "Be Proactive"


UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROSEDALE

Monday, January 18: No School for MLK Day

Thursday, January 28: End of the Semester
Friday, January 29: No School for Students / Teacher Work Day

Wednesday, February 3: Student of the Month Assembly "Begin with the end in Mind"
Thursday, February 4: PTA Meeting at 6:30 pm
Friday, February 5: Daddy Daughter Dance 6:00-8:00 pm


MEET THE ROSEDALE STAFF
Jenna Larabell - Kindergarten Teacher

Hello! I am Jenna Larabell. I am a kindergarten teacher here at Rosedale. This is my second year as a teacher at Rosedale and my third year within the district. I have my bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education and Integrated Science from Grand Valley State University. I am a semester away from my Masters in Early Childhood Education from Eastern Michigan University. In my free time, when I'm not doing work for my classroom or grad school, I like to exercise, shop, read, and spend time with my friends and family. I also like to travel and will be making a few trips to Minnesota this year for a friend’s wedding.

PTA POINTS
  • Rosedale received nearly $400 in Playground & PE supplies from Box Tops Collections!
  • A Bob Evans Dine Out has been scheduled on January 20th from 6:00-9:00 pm
  • If you are interested in joining our PTA, please contact Cara Williams at cara_23_@hotmail.com 

Did you know that out PTA purchased several extra Rosedale Spirit Wear shirts, so we can give them out at special events and assemblies? Before each assembly, we will draw a name in the office and some lucky child will receive a Rosedale t-shirt! We gave out our first shirt this week and we will continue to do so each month. Great things are happening at Rosedale!