Friday, January 15, 2016

Practice what we Preach

Hi folks, Jon Wennstrom here! As we prepare to celebrate the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr, I was thinking of the fact that one of his most revered characteristics is that he practiced what he preached. He didn't just advocate for change, he made it happen. He didn't just talk about peace, he lived it. He didn't just have a dream, he helped mold it into reality. We look up to people who practice what they preach, because all too often it is rare for people to do so. I hope Rosedale will always be remembered by students and parents as a place where people practiced what they preached and lived out our beliefs that all students can learn and achieve their full potential!

Kindergarten students hear a story about Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. 

UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROSEDALE

Monday, January 18: No School for MLK Day
Wednesday, January 20: PTA Bob Evans dine out from 6:00-9:00 pm

Wednesday, January 27: Youth Making a Difference Assembly
Thursday, January 28: End of Card Marking and Semester
                                  Registrations due for Daddy Daughter Dance
Friday, January 29: No School for Students / Teacher Work Day

Wednesday, February 3: Student of the Month Assembly
Thursday, February 4: PTA Meeting 6:30 pm
Friday, February 5: Report Cards go Home
                              Daddy Daughter Dance 6:00-8:00 pm

MEET THE ROSEDALE STAFF
Jeanne Fuller - Kindergarten Teacher


My name is Jeanne Fuller and I have taught Kindergarten at Rosedale School for the past 5 years.  I am so happy to be a part of the Rosedale family and absolutely LOVE teaching Kindergarten!  This is my 20th year teaching.  I was a substitute teacher, a Title 1 Learning Interventionist, and a Kindergarten teacher in 2 other Livonia schools before I came to Rosedale,   I did both my undergraduate and graduate studies at Central Michigan University. I have been married to my wonderful husband, Scott for 33 years and have 3 beautiful children – Anthony, 32, who is married with 3 children and lives and works in Avon, Ohio; Melissa, 29 who travels around the U.S. implementing and monitoring a computer program at different regional offices for the company she works for: and Rachael, 24 who is attending Wayne State University Pharmacy School, works, and lives at home.  When I am not teaching, I enjoy spending weekends up north at our chalet or part of my summer at our family home in northern Minnesota.  I love sports, especially ice hockey and am a huge Boston Bruins fan.  I also love to cook, travel, spend time with my family, and visit with my grandchildren as much as I can. 

My goal this year is to work with my students to foster their independence and help them learn that it is OK to make mistakes as long as they learn from them.  Everything is a BIG problem to a 5 year old, so I want them to learn to take a deep breath, know it's not the end of the world, and work on figuring out a solution to their problem.

The 5 words that best describe my classroom are ​fun, safe, happy, exciting, and problem solving.


PTA POINTS
  • Next meeting will be Thursday, February 4 at 6:30 pm in the Library
  • A PTA Calendar of Events will be coming home soon!
  • Interested in joining? Contact Cara Williams at cara_23_@hotmail.com

Did you know that every child at Rosedale gets a personalized birthday card and pencil on their birthday? They are mentioned during the morning announcements and get to come down to pick up the card and pencil. Those celebrating birthdays on weekends are recognized on Friday and those during the break either right before we leave or when we return. Birthdays are a BIG event for our students and we try to make it special. Great things are happening at Rosedale!