Thursday, February 25, 2016

Founder's Day

Hi folks, Jon Wennstrom here! This week, we celebrated our annual PTA Founder's Day. At the event, two members of our Rosedale community were recognized for their outstanding efforts at the school. Mrs. Hill, our office secretary received a Shining Star award for outstanding staff member and Rebecca Woloszyn, former PTA president and coordinator for after-school science club, received a Shining Star award for outstanding volunteer.  It truly takes a community to make each child successful and these two people are remarkable examples of what makes our school so special. If you happen to see Mrs. Hill or Ms. Woloszyn, be sure to congratulate them. And thank you to ALL our staff members and volunteers for making Rosedale such a special place.



UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROSEDALE

Monday, February 29: March is Reading Month Kick-Off Assembly!
                                     Pizza Kit orders due!
Tuesday, March 1: Mr. Wennstrom will "Shadow a Student" and become a student for the day (more to come in next week's blog post!)
Thursday, March 3: PTA Meeting 6:30 pm in the Library
Friday, March 4:  PTA Popcorn for 50 cents

Monday, March 7: Pizza Kits Delivered (Pick up between 4:00-6:00 pm)
Wednesday, March 9: Parent Information Night of Incoming Kindergarten Students (Adults Only) 6:00-7:00 pm
Thursday, March 10: Rosedale Skate Night at Riverside Arena 6:00-8:00 pm
Friday, March 11: PTA Popcorn for 50 cents

MEET THE ROSEDALE STAFF
Mrs. Hill - Secretary
Hello My Rosedale Family,

That is how I feel about all of you. I truly care about all of our students and staff.  While you are entrusting your children with us here throughout the day I do the best I can to make them feel cared 
about and safe. I began my LPS career as a noon duty helper in my own kid’s elementary school.  I was also room-mother coordinator for 8 years and very active in PTA.  My son Steven (41) is married to Laura and they have two children, Justin (12) and Megan (10).  I also have a son Adam (39) and a daughter Susan (35) who is engaged to be married this summer in July.  Then I will have a son-in-law Jimmy!  

My husband, Jim, and I have been married for 43 years.  We have a rescue dog “Harley Low-Rider Hill” who is a mix of dachshund, yorkie and shitzu.  He is 7 years old and a very loveable lap dog.
My passion is playing cards (tournaments), doing crafts and being with my children and their families.  Sharing memories with family and friends and helping whenever or wherever needed.
Retirement is in my future, not quite sure of the exact date but maybe next year.  I love being here so much it is very difficult for me to leave. Office Out!



PTA POINTS
  • We are still collecting Campbell's Soup Labels 
  • Pizza Kit orders due on Monday!
  • Congratulations to our Founder's Day award winners Mrs. Hill and Ms. Woloszyn!

Did you know that Livonia has one of the largest and most active PTAs in the state of Michigan? Each building in Livonia has its own unit with a board of volunteer members. These units coordinate events, raise money, and build partnerships between the schools and community. Rosedale is lucky to have such wonderful group of volunteers and it was nice to recognize them for all they do at our recent Founder's Day ceremony. Great things are happening at Rosedale!