Friday, May 20, 2016

The Last Bell

Hi folks, Jon Wennstrom here! You are probably aware that the end of the school year is less than a month away. And if you weren't aware, I'm sure your children are:)  Teaching in May can be a challenge with the nice weather and students antsy to start their summer break. However, the teachers and staff at Rosedale are dedicated to making every minute count right up to the last bell! I've seen a lot of teachers on social media from across the county talking about giving it their all right up until the last bell rings and I know we are doing the same. We are trying to lead by example that every minute of every class is important and more importantly that learning doesn't stop even after after the last bell has rung!

UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROSEDALE

Tuesday, May 24: Volunteer Tea
Monday, May 30: No School for Memorial Day
Wednesday, June 1: Kindergarten Round Up
Friday, June 3: Spring Fling / Basket Raffle 6:00-8:00 pm
Friday, June 10: Field Day
Thursday, June 16: Last Day for Students 12:10 Dismissal

MEET THE ROSEDALE PTA
Cara Williams - Membership Chair

Hi, my name is Cara Williams.  I have a 1st and 3rd grader here at Rosedale, although it is not uncommon to see me round the school with my 3 step daughters as well.  I served as PTA Membership Chair this school year, but will be serving as 1st Vice President next year. I am very grateful that my family is just as much enthusiastic about animals as I am.  Therefore, if you don't see us around Rosedale, chances are we are at home or on our farm chasing around animals. Our Christ-centered family believes so strongly in giving back to others and find ways to help/put others first. So, I feel that ties into my goals for the PTA next year.

 My goal for the PTA is to find more ways to give back.  I would like to help see and support more ways for our students to have fun building each other up and helping others.  The introduction of "blessings in a backpack" this year was fun to watch as it not only blessed families but gave that "good feeling" to the students who helped.  I would also like to help bring families into the schools and get to experience that same feeling, as we look to find more ways to give back to our staff and school!

 Five words I would use to describe Rosedale: Involved, Uplifting, Lively, Diverse & FUN!

PTA POINTS 
  • The PTA will be welcoming new parents during our Kindergarten Round Up event
  • We have an exciting night planned for our Spring Fling / Basket Raffle on June 3!

Did you know that we only have 18 more days of school left?  It will go fast, as the days are filled with both on-site and off-site learning as well as celebrations! The staff at Rosedale are determined to make every minute of every day count for our students, right up to the last bell!! Great things are happening at Rosedale!