Friday, June 3, 2016

An Addition to the Family

Hi folks, Jon Wennstrom here! This week we held our kindergarten Round Up for our new students. I love talking about our school with the new families and sharing how strong a community we have. In fact, I refer to us as the Rosedale family and every time we have a new Round Up, I think of our new students as an addition to the Rosedale family. This week our family grew by 50 students and I'm sure we will grow some more over the summer. Rosedale is a special place and it was nice to share all of things that make us a unique and positive building. Great things really are happening at Rosedale!

ROUND UP!

UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROSEDALE

Wednesday, June 8: Last Day for GSRP preschool students
                                 Student of the Month Assembly (Synergize)

Friday, June 10: Field Day 1:15-3:15 pm (Volunteers still needed)

Thursday, June 16: Last Day for Students
                               11:40 am Clap Out Farewell for 4th Grade Students 
                               12:10 Dismissal for all students

MEET THE ROSEDALE PTA 
Lynn Renberg - 2nd Vice President

Hello, I'm Lynn Renberg.  I am the 2nd Vice President on the Rosedale PTA this year.  My husband Rich and I have a second grader named Nick, and a 6th grader at Johnson named Jack.  I work full time as a real estate appraiser, which keeps me very busy while also giving me a flexible schedule.  I am a huge sports fan, and spend a lot of time watching the Tigers, going to Michigan football games, and watching my son, nieces and nephews play various sports. 

This is my 7th year at Rosedale, and my first on the PTA board!  I really enjoy helping out at the school, and seeing all the smiling faces.  My goal for the PTA is to increase parent involvement.  The whole school benefits when parents (and other family members) pitch in, and there are many ways to help.  This year is winding down, but if you are interested, please check out a PTA meeting next year, or ask a teacher or board member to find out how you can help!

Five words I would use to describe Rosedale are fun, community, friendly, diverse, and awesome!


PTA POINTS
Thank you to all of our volunteers who helped make Spring Fling a success!!


Did you know that this is our 5th Rosedale Spring Fling? We started this tradition my first year at Rosedale and we have been lucky each year with the weather! Our PTA boards have made this a fun event each year and it seems to keep growing! What a fun tradition for our Rosedale students and families. Great things are happening at Rosedale!