Friday, October 28, 2016

Parent Teacher Conferences

Hi folks, Jon Wennstrom here! I hate admitting this, but growing up I hated parent teacher conferences. I used to plead with my parent not to go. "I'm getting good grades aren't I?, Why bother then?" But it never worked, they always went. When they came back, it was always the same report. "Jon is a good student, but he is just too social. He never stops talking in class." Maybe part of the reason I went into education was because I can empathize with the students. As an adult, I'm very glad that my parents went to my conferences and set a good example for me. I would like to thank all the parents, grandparents, guardians, and other caring adults that came to conferences and take the time to check in on our Rosedale students. Together, we can help each child succeed!

TRUNK OR TREAT!!

UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROSEDALE

Monday, October 31: Student of the Month Assembly (Responsibility)
                                   Halloween Parties in the rooms (check times with teachers)
Thursday, November 3: PTA Meeting in the Library (Pizza & Childcare provided)

Tuesday, November 8: No School for Students (Professional Development day for Teachers)
Friday, November 18: Family Fun night at Zap Zone (information coming soon)

MEET THE LPS STAFF
Stacy Jenkins - Communications Administrator

My name is Stacy Jenkins and I am the Communications Administrator for the district. My main responsibilities include: Writing and sending district-wide messages to our families and writing feature articles from our schools, Handling all media requests,  and Managing the main sections of the district’s website, Running LPS social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).

Prior to my current position, I was a journalist for 17 years. I graduated from Franklin High School and received my bachelor’s degree in journalism from Wayne State University. I worked as a reporter at several newspapers, including The Oakland Press and numerous editions in the Observer & Eccentric and Hometown Newspapers, where I also served as an editor for 10 years.  I started working for Livonia Public Schools four years ago, and I absolutely love my job! It’s very busy, but I love being “in the know” and I love informing. I am still able to do a lot of writing, which makes me very happy! In addition to newspaper writing, I was privileged to write a book for the Pine Lake Country Club in West Bloomfield, to commemorate the club’s 100th anniversary.

I am married to Dan and we have two children, Abby, age 17 and Evan, who is 11. They are students in Livonia Public Schools. It’s awesome to be a parent and an employee in the same district I’ve called home for my entire life!

A goal for this school year is to keep an open line of communication between our families and the district; to continue to be responsive and to offer the highest level of customer service to our parents. Our door is always open!

Five words to describe LPS would be: FAMILY of parents, staff, students!

PTA POINTS 
  • We hope everyone had a great time at Trunk-or-Treat! Thank you very much to all of our Rosedale students, families, teachers, staff and volunteers! Also, we would like to thank everyone who donated candy and baked goods. We appreciate your continued support to our school.
  • PTA will be hosting a Bake Sale on Election Day (November 8) 
  • Next PTA Meeting is on Thursday, November 3 at 6:30 pm (Pizza & Childcare Provided)

Did you know that Rosedale often does fun events like Spirit Wear days? On Friday, we had our students and staff dress up to support their favorite sports team or Rosedale. It's one of the many ways that we try to make learning fun at school. Great things are happening at Rosedale!