Friday, November 18, 2016

Opportunities

Hi folks, Jon Wennstrom here! Although I was born in Chicago, I spent most of my childhood growing up in rural northern Michigan. When I was in elementary school, there were no athletic opportunities and no clubs. My only activities were cub scouts and summer baseball. Rosedale students have many opportunities for enrichment including Spanish Club, Science Club, Crazy 8's Math Group, Scouts, and community athletic organizations. They also have many school activities that are sponsored by our PTA including Zap Zone, Trunk or Treat, Spring Fling and so many other events. I'm grateful to work in a place that provides so many opportunities for students beyond a quality education. The more opportunities our students have to participate in the more connections and experiences they will have. Thank you to all our staff and volunteers who make these opportunities possible!

Rosedale students are having fun with Pajama Day! 

UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROSEDALE

Wednesday, November 23 - Friday, November 25: No School for Thanksgiving Break

Monday, November 28: Student of the Month Assembly for Respect
Thursday, December 1: PTA Popcorn Sales 50 cents a bag
                                       Lifetouch Picture Retakes in the afternoon
Friday, December 2: No School (Records Day)

Friday, December 9: Report Cards go home

MEET THE ROSEDALE STAFF
Ann Kosinki - Title I Paraprofessional 
Hello! My name is Ann Kosinski. I am thrilled to be a new member of the Rosedale Team and Livonia Public Schools. I work as a Title 1 Parpro, where I provide Reading Intervention to kindergarten and second graders.

I grew up in Westland and I am the oldest of six. Being the oldest of six inspired me to peruse early childhood education. I have a Bachelor of Science degree in Early Childhood from Madonna University.  After graduation from Madonna University, I worked for Crestwood School District as The Director of Child Care Services. I live in Livonia with my husband Steve and our 10 year old son, Sean.  Sean attends Livonia Public Schools and is involved in Cub Scouts, soccer and theater.
A year ago we welcomed a furry member to our family, Murphy a Goldendoodle.

Goal: To provide guidance and support to help my students increase their reading comprehension and grow as readers

Five Words: Welcoming, positive, thoughtful, patient, motivated.

PTA POINTS
  • Thank you to all who helped with the Zap Zone family event!
  • There will not be a December PTA meeting
  • Holiday Shop is tentatively scheduled for December 20th and 21st (Volunteers Needed!)

Did you know that Eliza R. was our student Principal of the Day this week? Eliza earned the opportunity to help me out all afternoon with her efforts for the Fun Walk! We had a fun time visiting classrooms and helping teachers all afternoon on Wednesday. Who know? She may end up being a teacher or principal when she grows up! Great things are happening at Rosdale!