Friday, November 11, 2016

Red, White, and Blue

Hi folks, Jon Wennstrom here! This week we celebrated Veterans Day. In an effort to honor our nation's veterans, we asked students to wear Red, White, and Blue on Friday. The students had a fun time as they wore their patriotic outfits. We also observed a moment of silence at 11:00 am throughout the entire school. I'm grateful for our incredible students and I know our students, staff, and entire Rosedale community are grateful for the sacrifices made by our veterans.


UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROSEDALE

Friday, November 18: PTA Popcorn Sales 50 cents
                                    PTA Family Event at ZAP ZONE 6:00-9:00 pm

Wednesday, November 23: No School
Thursday, November 24: No School - Happy Thanksgiving!!
Friday, November 25: No School

Friday, December 2: No School (Records Day)

Friday, December 9: Report Cards go home

MEET THE ROSEDALE STAFF
Kristina Mularski - Title I Paraprofessional 

My name is Kristina Mularski.  After volunteering in several LPS libraries and classrooms for eleven years, I began working as a paraprofessional at Cooper Upper Elementary in 2015. I am currently working at both Cooper and Rosedale elementary schools, providing reading support to small groups.  My goal for this year is to help all of my students to become confident readers who discover the joy and wonder of reading.

In addition to my love of reading, I enjoy spending time with my family, especially my husband of 23 years and my 17 year old son. I travel up north as often as possible to visit my extended family.  I have discovered a love of backpacking, sharing many adventures with my brothers and sisters.  I also play volleyball, hike, and am continuously amazed by all the wonders of nature. I have a passion for nature photography, especially capturing images of dragonflies.


Five words I would use to describe Rosedale are:  welcoming, diverse, nurturing, cheerful, and cooperative.


PTA POINTS 
  • Thank you for the generous baked good donation for the Election Day Bake Sale!! It was a great success and PTA made $800 to be used toward all the many programs and events at Rosedale!!! Thank you again for all your support!!!!

Did you know that Livonia Public Schools has moved to trimesters for the elementary schools? That's the reason our Parent Teacher Conferences were earlier this year and why our report cards won't come home until December. We are hopeful that this new model will allow more time on concepts before they are assessed and will allow students and teachers larger blocks of time between marking periods. We are focused on student growth and want to give the time to explore concepts. Great things are happening at Rosedale!