Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Blessings

Hi folks, Jon Wennstrom here! As we prepare to start our winter break, I thought it would be a good time to recount my many blessings. I've been fortunate to be able to serve at Rosedale for the past five years with an incredible staff and dedicated volunteers. It's been a joy to work with our students and to have the support of our Rosedale parents. My family has been healthy and happy. I truly couldn't ask for more. During this holiday season, take a few moments to reflect on the blessings you have and know that our Rosedale community has been a blessing to me.

Students had a fun time at our sing-a-long! 

UPCOMING EVENTS

Friday, December 23: Students dismissed at 12:10 pm (Winter Break begins)

Monday, January 9: School Resumes
Thursday, January 12: Title I Parent Meeting 6:00 pm
                                     PTA Meeting 6:30 pm
Friday, January 13: Popcorn Friday

Monday, January 16: No School - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Wednesday, January 19: After School Science

MEET THE LPS STAFF
Tim Klan - Administrator for Information Technology
I have been working in the technology field for more than 23 years. I began my technology career in business, where I owned my own company that provided computer training and support to area businesses and local school districts.

In 1998, I accepted the position of Director of Technology for Garden City Public Schools, where I remained for 16 years. In March 2014, I was hired into my current position as Administrator of Information Technology with Livonia Public Schools.

As the Administrator of Information Technology, I am responsible for the overall planning, organization, and execution of all IT functions throughout the district. This includes directing all IT functions to meet staff and student requirements, as well as the development of new technical solutions. In addition, I also oversee the Pupil Accounting Department.
My wife Shelly has been a 1st grade teacher in Dearborn for 19 years. We have 2 boys Adam (12), and Noah (13) who are both currently in the MACAT program at Frost Middle School.
One of my goals for the next year is to revise our current system to improve communication and service for our staff and students.  This includes teaching our techs to update staff help desk requests more often as well as starting a Classroom Response Team (CRT) to try and address classroom technology issues more quickly.
5 Words to describe LPS: Dedicated, Caring, Outstanding, Professional, Focused


PTA POINTS
  • Thank you for all who volunteered for the Holiday Shop!!
  • The next PTA meeting is Thursday, January 12 at 6:30 pm (following Title I Meeting)
  • The next Skate Night at Riverside Arena will be January 26 from 6:00-8:00 pm 

Did you know that Rosedale will be giving away fantastic prizes during our parent Title I night? Prizes will include memberships for the Detroit Zoo, The Henry Ford Museum, and more. The event will also be catered by Manga's. We hope to see many of our parents there!  Childcare will be provided. Great things are happening at Rosedale!