Thursday, December 1, 2016

Modeling the way

Hi folks, Jon Wennstrom here! As adults, we often hear about importance of being role models for children. Whether as a parent or as an educator, students watch we do and often imitate it. I was reminded of this earlier in the week. On Monday, I was greeting students as they got off the bus and I said, "Welcome back, it's Monday, my favorite day of the week." One of the students instantly replied with a smile, "It's my favorite day too!". Now, I'm pretty sure if I would have said that Monday was my least favorite day, someone would have said the same thing. It made me realize how powerful the words and attitudes we share are. That's one of the reasons we have our "Celebrate Monday" assemblies. It's a chance to start the week off on a positive note and model for our students a love of learning and excitement to be in school. Always remember that we are models for the children...let's make sure we are a positive one!
Congratulations to our Students of the Month (for Respect)

UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROSEDALE

Tuesday, December 6: Lunch with the Principal (for those with tickets)
Friday, December 9: Roller Skating at Riverside Arena 6:00-8:00 pm

Tuesday, December 20: Holiday Shop 
Wednesday, December 21: Holiday Shop 
Friday, December 23: Students Dismissed at 12:10 pm (Winter Break begins)

Monday, January 9: School Resumes
Thursday, January 12: Title I Parent Night 6:00 pm
                                    PTA Meeting 6:30 pm


MEET THE LPS STAFF
Cindy Pierson - Federal Programs Coordinator

My name is Cindy Pierson. I began my career with Livonia in 1996 as a special education teacher at Cooper Elementary School. My current role with our district is the Federal Programs Coordinator. I am privileged to oversee Title I, English Language Learners and our McKinney Vento population.
I am married to Eric and we have two children, Max age 26, Jenna age 24 and our family favorite, our dog, Conner who is 13. In the fall, our daughter is getting married and we are very excited about our changing family.

A goal for this school year is to provide outreach to our Livonia families   concerning the special programs that we offer for our student population.

Five words to describe LPS would be: Supportive, Community, Heart-felt, Thoughtful and Excellence   

PTA POINTS 
  • After School Science will be December 5 for grades 2-4
  • Riverside Arena Skate Night will be December 9 6:00-8:00 pm 
  • After School Spanish will be December 19 in the Library
  • The Holiday Shop will be Tuesday & Wednesday December 20& 21 (Volunteers Needed!)
  • Coming Soon - Rosedale Spirit Wear!! More information soon 

Did you know that Rosedale will be hosting it's annual Title Parent Information night in January? The meeting will be just before our next PTA Meeting on Thursday, January 12 at 6:00 pm. Dinner will be provided and we will share out the great things happening with our Title I staff and programs and how we support struggling learners. Those who attend will have the opportunity to win great prizes like gift cards and free passes to area attractions. More information will be coming out soon. Great things are happening at Rosedale!