Friday, January 27, 2017

The Power of Yet

Hi folks, Jon Wennstrom here! At this week's "Celebrate Monday" Assembly, I asked all the students to share with a partner something they were good at. This was to help build the concept of Confidence with our students by celebrating what we do well. But it got me thinking that as someone who promotes a growth mindset, where true learning takes place by practicing, developing, and improving, I could have asked the question, "What are you not good at...YET?" When we frame our thinking around that word yet, it reminds us that the only thing standing between us and success is practice and hard work. The power of yet is also a pathway to building confidence!


UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROSEDALE

Wednesday, February 1: Registrations forms due for Daddy Daughter Dance

Thursday, February 2: PTA Meeting 6:30 pm

Friday, February 10: PTA Popcorn Sales
                                  Daddy Daughter Dance 6:00-8:00 pm

Monday, February 20: No School
Friday, February 24: PTA Popcorn Sales

Rosedale students had a great Skate Night at Riverside Arena! 

MEET THE LPS STAFF
Pat Schuchardt - Assistant Supervisor for Food Services

I have been in school  Food Service for 20 years, starting my career working in the kitchens. I have been with Livonia Schools since Sept 2011. When I started here, our elementary schools were serving "pre-packaged" frozen food (much like airline meals) and since that time, all of our kitchens are now preparing and cooking meals for our students. Since my arrival here, we have also implemented breakfast at all of our buildings.

Food Service has a staff of one hundred employees- all who care deeply and work hard to provide those important meals that help our students do better in school. I am VERY proud of how the Food Service staff have adjusted to the ever changing food regulations and rules.

I live in Belleville with my husband on a small farm, where we raise chickens, have horses and a host of other animals- dogs, cats and birds. I have two grown daughters, one married and living in Chicago who has my only grandchild, who is 20 months old. My other daughter lives in Portland, Oregon, and just got engaged in November-so a wedding is in the plans for the future.

My goal is always to provide the children of our District with the best quality meals possible. My challenge is following all of the USDA mandated requirements and rules, while making meals that kids actually like to eat, and doing all of this within a budget.


My five words describing LPS-  Providing kids a better future.

PTA POINTS
  • PTA meeting 6:30 pm on Thursday, February 2 (childcare provided)
  • After School Science on Tuesday, February 7
  • Daddy Daughter Dance on Friday, February 10 6:00-8:00 pm 
  • Founder's Day Awards Banquet on Wednesday, February 15
  • After School Spanish on Monday, February 27

Did you know that all Livonia teachers use a Priority Standards guide to create lesson plans? These standards are taken straight from the Common Core and target the standards that have the most impact on student achievement. These targets are then posted in classrooms so that they are communicated clearly to students. Our teachers put in a lot of effort to make sure each lesson is the absolute best it can be for students. Great things are happening at Rosedale!