Thursday, February 9, 2017

Mileage Club

Hi folks, Jon Wennstrom here! In our efforts to help keep our Rosedale students active and healthy, we have started an optional activity each week for our kids to participate in.  Each Tuesday (3rd & 4th) and Thursday (K-2), students may go to the field where cones will placed allowing students to record the number of laps they run or walk. Students may save up markers with the goal of getting to 13.1 miles (half marathon) by the end of the year. This program, The Mileage Club, is being headed up by Ms. Larabell and it promises to be a fun activity for Rosedale students!


UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROSEDALE

Tuesday, February 14: Happy Valentine's Day! Lifetouch will be taking "candid shots" for the
                                     yearbook.
Thursday, February 16: 100th Day of School (100 Ties will be on display in the office)
Friday, February 17: Special Popcorn sales for Muscular Dystrophy Association $1.00

Monday, February 20: No School for Presidents' Day

Monday, February 27: Student of the Month Assembly & Kick Off for March is Reading Month!

MEET THE ROSEDALE STAFF
Angie Sutton - Front Office Secretary

I am married with 4 children...Andrew is 22 and just got married, Ashley is 20, Nathan is 15, and Danielle is 13. I am from Indiana.  I have been in the Rosedale Community for quite sometime.  I volunteered daily and have been on the PTA board in different position's over the past 15 years. I enjoy decorating cakes and spending time with my family!

I am doing a long term sub job as secretary.  I have been subbing for Diane when I was needed for the past few years. I love helping the students and parents and getting to know each of them.  I am excited to be a part of the Rosedale Community 

My goal for this year is to eat healthier, and plan a trip to New York City to visit my sister. 


The five words I would use to describe Rosedale is Welcoming, Friendly, Awesome, Enthusiastic, Exciting

PTA POINTS 
  • PTA Founder's Day Awards Banquet 2/15/17
  • Special PTA Popcorn sale to raise money for MDA $1.00 per bag 2/17/17
  • PTA Popcorn sale 50 cents a bag 2/4/17
  • After School Spanish Club 2/27/17
  • It's nomination time for the 2017-2018 Board! Information will be coming soon!

Did you know that our 4th Grade classrooms are focusing on Muscular Dystrophy for their Youth Making a Difference project? They have partnered with Mrs. Guerriero, our PE teacher, who has arranged for an educational assembly for our students and activities as well. Coin collection jars are in each room and our PTA has generously agreed to sponsor a special popcorn sale on Friday, February 17 with proceeds going to MDA. Great things are happening at Rosedale!