Thursday, March 16, 2017

Mr. Roboto

Hi folks, Jon Wennstrom here! Growing up, I was fascinated by robots. I loved books, movies, and anything that involved robots. This week, we had the opportunity to have the high school robotics team come into our school and give an assembly with the robots they had made. I quickly saw that our Rosedale students had the same fascination with robots that I  had as a child! In addition to the math and science that is required for the robotics team, the high school students talked about how they demonstrate the character traits like grit and confidence while working as a team. My hope is that the event sparked interest in some of our students to become future designers, builders, and engineers. We may have many future members of the high school robotics team right here in our own building!

Livonia Warriors Robotics Team visits Rosedale

UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROSEDALE

Tuesday, March 21: 4th Grade Living Wax Museum in the morning
Wednesday, March 22: Nuts About Science (grades 2-4)
Friday, March 24: Report Cards go Home

Monday, March 27: After School Spanish
Friday, March 31: 4th Grade students visit Johnson Elementary in the morning
                              March is Reading Month Awards Assembly in afternoon
                              Skate Night at Riverside Arena 6:00-8:00 pm

Monday, April 3 - Friday, April 7: Spring Break! 

Monday, April 10: School Resumes

MEET THE LPS STAFF
Larry Grezak - Principal of Coolidge Elementary School

After earning a business degree at the University of Detroit and working eight years in manufacturing, I decided that I needed a new career. In September of 2004, I quit my job and started attending Madonna University as a full time student. In 2006, I graduated with a language arts major and an elementary school minor. I completed my student teaching in the fourth grade level at Roosevelt Elementary School in Livonia. I have spent time teaching in the third, fourth, sixth, seventh, and eighth grades. In 2011, I completed my master's degree with a focus on learning disabilities.

During my time as Webster Elementary School's School Improvement Chairperson, I started to get more and more excited about the things that I could do to help the entire the school. I went back to school one more time and completed a K-12 Administrators program at Eastern Michigan University. In October of 2013, I was extremely happy to be named the newest principal of Coolidge Elementary School and to continue my career in education with Livonia Public Schools.

My wife was a long distance runner on our track team in college, and we have been happily married for almost 18 years. We have two wonderful boys who are ten and nine years old. Rece is in fourth grade and Brody is in third. Switching careers was one the best decisions that I have ever made.  I am grateful to have ended up in Livonia Public Schools and our Coolidge team is an amazing group of people to work with.  I feel very lucky.

Five words that describe Coolidge – Growth Mindset, High Character, Safe

PTA POINTS
  • Rosedale Spirit Wear is going on now thru March 31st. Order the NEW logo and colors for the whole family!! Visit the online store today by using the link below. Happy shopping!! http://stores.alleycatdesigns.com/RosedaleElementary

  • SAVE THE DATE!!!!! 4/20/17 is the 2nd Annual Mother/Son Night at Zap Zone!!! Registration flyers will be sent home soon!
  • Rosedale PTA needs you!  Please consider running for the PTA Executive Board 2017/2018.  Nominations for the Board are being accepted through April 13th.For more information, please contact Carol Engle carolenglepta@gmail.com, Krissy Bisinger krice269@gmail, or Lynn Renberg lrenberg66@gmail

Did you know that each year, all schools are required to publish an Annual Education Review? The AER is posted on our school website and gives the demographic and program information of our school and also includes current and previous testing results. It's a useful piece of information that we provide for all Rosedale families and our community. You can visit our school's AER by clicking in our "Quick Links" section on our Rosedale web page. Great things are happening at Rosedale!