Sunday, May 7, 2017

Teacher Appreciation

Hi folks, Jon Wennstrom here! This is the time of the year that we recognize educators through Teacher Appreciation activities. I know our PTA will be providing meals and other goodies for our teachers all week long. As a child, I didn't recognize how much work my teachers put in to make sure that I succeeded. As an adult, I understand and appreciate how hard our teachers work for students every day. When the school day ends, our teachers are still hard at work creating lessons and grading assignments. During the summer months, teachers continue to plan, read educational books and attend classes. I've always said that teaching is more than a profession, it is a calling. Thank you to our teachers and ALL the dedicated workers in our school. You are making a difference!


UPCOMING EVENTS AT ROSEDALE

Friday, May 12: PTA Popcorn Friday (50 cents a bag)
                          Yearbooks go home (Additional yearbooks will be on sale during the Arts, Beats, Eats & Books event)

Wednesday, May 17: Arts,Beats, Eats & Books 6:00-8:00 pm (All students will perform during their designated times - flyers go home this week)

Wednesday, May 24: Volunteer Tea in the Library 2:45-3:45 pm
Friday, May 26: PTA Popcorn Friday (50 cents a bag)

MEET THE LPS STAFF
Dr. Daniel Daniels - Principal of Kennedy Elementary
First and foremost, I am a mom to three amazing daughters.  My adopted daughter, Samantha is 24 years old and lives with her husband in Westland. My two younger daughters, Chloe (10) and Ava (8), keep me busy with dance, gymnastics, swimming and piano.  We reside in Canton and the girls attend Plymouth- Canton Schools. My immediate family all live close by and we weekly have big Italian dinners at my parents' home in Plymouth.  Something fun for me is that my sister is the Interventionist at Johnson Upper Elementary, so we share a love for LPS!

I had the opportunity to teach two years in the outer banks of North Carolina before calling LPS my home...I have been honored to work in this district for 15 years. I spent my first four years at Taylor and Roosevelt Elementary, as a classroom teacher.  I then had the opportunity to coordinate and oversee the Elementary Language Arts Curriculum through Central Office.  After completing my Ph.D. that year, I received the principalship at Randolph Elementary. Randolph was my home for 5 years. From Randolph I landed at Kennedy! Kennedy has been my home for 5 years ,and it has been an amazing experience.  I have grown as a leader and educator in the halls of the Kennedy Stars!

My personal goal is to live a healthy lifestyle that involves healthy eating and fitness! I love to workout and exercise and my new favorite has been Cycle Bar in Northville.  My professional goal is to merge effectively and successfully the approximately 75 new Garfield students that will be attending Kennedy next year. 2017-2018 will be an exciting year as our school grows substantially in numbers and hearts!

Kennedy Five Words:  Leading, Learning, Growing, Loving, Supporting

PTA POINTS
  • Congratulations to our newly elected PTA executive board for the 2017-2018 school year!
President:  Krissy Bisinger
1st Vice President:  Rhonda Simko
2nd Vice President:  Cara Williams
Treasurer:  Dave Williams
Recording Secretary:  Kathy Spencer-Reister
Corresponding Secretary:  Judy Franklin

Did you know that ALL of our Rosedale students will be performing at our Arts,Beats,Eats & Books event?? Each grade level will perform a music showcase in the gym during their designated times. Also, artwork from ALL classrooms will be on display throughout the building. In addition, we will have our book fair and the PTA will be serving ice cream in the courtyard. It's guaranteed to be a fun night night for everyone. Great things are happening at Rosedale!