Friday, November 16, 2018

Celebration

Hi folks, Jon Wennstrom here! Something happened this week that really impacted me. I was out of school on Monday and Tuesday for a back injury. Upon my return, I heard from many people that they really missed starting the week off with our Celebrate Monday assembly. That really moved me.  It made me even more disappointed that I had missed school, but it also made me very happy to know that people really looked forward to our weekly celebration! Sometimes we don't realize the impact of things until they are gone. Missing this Monday made me realize how much I need to start the week off on a positive note, but it was nice to hear others felt the same way.  Whether it's Monday or not, make sure you spend some time each day celebrating with your child. It may impact your life in ways that you would never have expected!


UPCOMING EVENTS AT BUCHANAN

Wednesday, November 21 - Friday, November 23: Thanksgiving Break (No School)

Thursday, November 29: PTA Meeting 7:00 PM (All families welcome)
Friday, November 30: No School for Students (Records Day for Teachers)

Friday, December 7: Report Cards go home

PTA POINTS
  • Our next PTA meeting is November 29th in the Library at 7:00 PM. Child care is provided. We hope to see you there!
  • Please see the Youth Making A Difference Flyers that were attached to this email. Project forms need to be submitted by February 25.



#BuchananBears


Did you know that our Mileage Club has started up again! Our goal for the school is to reach 3,072 miles (The distance to Mexico). Our students have already walked nearly 200 miles! Thank you to Mrs. Trantham for organizing the club and to all the staff who help keep it going. Great things are happening at Buchanan!