Friday, December 22, 2017

Shine On!

Hi folks, Jon Wennstrom here! As we finished up the last week of school for 2017, our 3rd and 4th grade students had a chance to shine as they demonstrated their talents in singing and with recorders. We also celebrated our latest Students of the Month for the theme of Empathy. I'm a firm believer in giving students the chance to demonstrate excellence in school, whether it's for academics, the arts, or character education. Students need a well rounded experience at school, but most importantly, they need opportunities to be recognized for hard work and a chance to demonstrate when they have mastered a skill. I'm proud of our Buchanan students and staff and the effort they give each and every day. Congratulations to our music teacher, Mrs. Sydnie Canterberry, who just got married last week, and this week gave our students the opportunity to shine!






3rd Grade Students!!




4th Grade Students!






UPCOMING EVENTS AT BUCHANAN

December 23 - January 7: Winter Break!

Monday, January 8: School Resumes

MEET THE BUCHANAN STAFF
Ms. Medellin - Fourth Grade Teacher

Greeting Buchanan families! My name is Jennifer Medellin and I am a fourth grade teacher here at Buchanan. I have been at Buchanan my entire 17 years of teaching and I feel very fortunate to be able to say that. I have taught everything from first grade to fifth but I have to say that fourth grade is my absolute favorite. I have witnessed many changes over my years here at Buchanan and I have to say that the blending of Cass and Buchanan communities has been one of the best. I have seen great effort by the two communities to come together and it is wonderful to experience the positive changes and supportive energy that is felt here every day.

In my personal life, I have a son in high school now and a daughter that attends Riley Elementary. We have a lot of fun together and I feel lucky that we live in this community. When not teaching, I enjoy spending time with my kids, traveling and working out.

 A goal I have for this year is to make sure that each student is reached and challenged and that a positive energy is felt in my room. 

Five words I would use to describe Buchanan are, positive, inviting, warm, safe and supportive


PTA POINTS
  • We are still in search of a secretary for next year's board. If you are interested, please let one of our officers know and we will provide job shadowing opportunities this spring!
  • We would like to wish all our Buchanan families a very happy holiday season!

Did you know that the entire Buchanan Staff would like to wish all of you a happy holiday season? However you celebrate the season, we wish you a safe and relaxing time with family and loved ones. Best wishes from our staff to your family and we look forward to seeing the students when they return in 2018!